Keeping your pieces sparkly & fresh.
Here's our best advice for looking after your Sugarberry Shimmy jewellery with minimal effort.
Wear your beaded jewellery with care
- Allow your perfume to dry and sunscreen to sink in before putting your jewellery on.
- Remove your jewellery before swimming, showering or sunbathing. Chlorine, the force of waves, soap build-up and sunlight can all damage your jewellery.
- Avoid contact with sweat and harsh chemicals.
- Don’t wear your jewellery while playing sports or doing any kind of physical activity.
- Don’t sleep with your pieces on – they might get caught on the sheets.
How to clean your beaded jewellery
- Gently clean your gold-filled jewellery in warm water with a mild eco washing-up detergent and a soft-bristled toothbrush on the gold elements (avoid brushing the beads). Rinse off and dry with a clean tea towel.
- In between washes for gold jewellery, and as a general rule for our stainless steel beaded fringe earrings, polish gently with a soft cloth as needed.
- For sterling silver jewellery, see our excellent eco-hack for cleaning silver jewellery in a flash.
How to store your beaded jewellery
- Store your pieces in a dark, dust-free place, away from sunlight.
- Avoid scratches from other sharp jewellery.
A special note for kids' jewellery
- Our cable chain necklaces and bracelets are a little delicate and we recommend them for grown-ups only. However, kids will love our super strong Minimalist Stacking Bracelets.